What If You Could Change The Way Your Brain Works?
In minutes a day, you can change the way that your brain responds to stress and processes anxiety.
This is your Brain on Beta Waves
If you’re reading this, I’m pretty confident that your brain is operating on a beta wave frequency right now. Beta waves are important for logic, alertness, and linear thinking. We like beta waves… up to a point. The problem is: if you go too far into the beta range, you stop getting helpful logic and start getting:
And as we know, those come with a host of associated physical health problems.
The frustrating part is that our society accidentally designed a world that ramps up beta wave thinking, creating a stressed out, anxious bunch of people- so most of us have to intentionally choose something else.
That's where the Phoenix Frequency Healing Membership comes in- I've created a space with instructions, encouragement, and accountability so that you can consciously make that change, every day.
This is your Brain on Alpha Waves
The good news is that beta waves aren’t your brain’s only option. You’ve got four more frequencies to choose from! Alpha waves are one of those frequencies- and it’s been shown that getting into an alpha state has positive effects that can last for hours and even days after. Effects like:
- Less stress
- Less anxiety
- Less depression
- More creativity
- Better problem solving
- AND science is discovering more benefits all the time
The best part is- it’s simple and enjoyable to switch your brain to alpha!
But wait, why isn’t everyone blissing out in alpha if it is so easy?
- The first reason: people just don’t know how simple and effective it is to switch your brain into an alpha state.
- The second reason: even when people know what to do and how awesome it is… life gets in the way and it’s hard to stay on track. (Hands up if you can relate!)
That’s why the Phoenix Frequency Healing Membership was created- instead of yet another article or course telling you what to do, we've created an online space dedicated to putting learning into action.
Together we can explore different ways to change your brain waves- and make your experience of the world calmer, clearer, more creative, more connected… and happier.
Because isn’t that what it’s all about?
How Does the Phoenix Frequency Healing Membership Work?
When you join the (Brand New!) Phoenix Frequency Healing Membership, you'll be added to a private Facebook group. Admins add people daily.
In the group, Theresa leads a live daily meditation of 10 minutes or less, so that you can get your daily dose of alpha wave relaxation in a manageable-in-real-life dose. Participate live or catch the replay.
Every week you set YOUR intention based on where YOU are at in your healing journey. Need to focus on hydration, see your favorite practitioner, declutter your home, clean up your diet, sleep before midnight, or walk daily? We'll hold space for that. You do you.
In addition to your personal intention, there is a weekly exercise based on the month's theme to help you dive deeper into the healing journeys that resonate with you.
Along the way, share your process, discoveries, and healing with a community that wants to see you thriving and rising. Accountability is available weekly if that is a tool that helps you stay on track.
Exercises are drawn from a variety of disciplines including:
- Ecotherapy & Ecomeditation
- Art Therapy & Music Therapy
- Self-Hypnosis, Meditation, & Shamanic Journeying
- Eastern and Western Herbalism
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupressure
- Yoga, Reiki, & Mindfulness
Ready to get started?
Hi there! I’m Theresa. I’m a Naturopathic Doctor and lover of art, science, and people. I’m a mom, a sister, a friend, an artist, a scientist, and a recovering yogi. I’m newly trained in hypnotherapy and a long-time lover of meditation, art therapy, nature therapy, and shamanic journeying.
I’ve been a Naturopathic Doctor since 2011, and the most common concerns that I see in my practice are stress and anxiety. And I can’t pretend I’m above it- I’ve struggled with both.
In this program I’m giving you the best of my twin loves: art and science along with a healthy dose of what-works-in-real-life.
I 100% understand how busy you are (I’m a single mom and business owner- I feel you with the time-crunch!). That’s why I’m committed to making every second that you choose to spend with me in our group give you something valuable!
- "How much time do I need to spend?"
- Ideally, you’ll want to check in daily to get your daily dose of alpha waves- even if it is only 10 minutes. Each week there’ll be a chance to explore your healing even more, with a larger project- a longer guided meditation, art prompt, or nature exercise, etc.
- "What equipment do I need?"
- This is as low tech as it gets. Aside from an internet connection (to access the exercises), you’ll need a pen and paper (for art), practical shoes (for nature), and somewhere comfy and private (when you meditate).
- "What if I’m bad at art?"
- Don’t worry, you’re not creating work to be judged on it’s artistic merit- it’s an avenue for self-exploration and healing. If drawing creates a mental-block for you, collage (cutting and pasting pictures from magazines, internet, etc), or photography might be different ways to participate.
- "What if I can’t meditate?"
- Meditation and other mind altering states aren’t recommended for everyone- there are certain psychological conditions that would make it difficult or unsafe (listed below). If that doesn’t apply to you, your main problem is your expectations. If you’re able to let go of what you think that meditation is supposed to look and feel like, you’ll be able to explore healing states of quiet and see what happens for you.
- (Contraindications to meditation and trance work: schizophrenia, certain personality disorders, history of psychosis, senility, epilepsy, narcolepsy, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, alcohol or drug psychosis, certain brain injuries, PTSD- depending on triggers. If you have any of these conditions, consult your doctor before exploring any type of trance work).
- "What if I don’t live near nature?"
- You don’t have to live in a rainforest like Revelstoke to get into nature. Dr. Theresa has lived in urban jungles in downtown Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto- she’s found nature is everywhere. The clouds moving across the sky, the pigeons on phone wires, the dandelions growing up through cracks in the sidewalk. Finding and connecting to nature where YOU are NOW is important for your health. The human body craves nature so much, that even just listening to the sounds of nature can be therapeutic.
- "Do I need to buy anything?"
- Short answer: no. But you can, if you’d like. If you can’t find a way to make the assignments work with the resources that you have access to, just ask the group for ways to improvise.
- "What if I fall behind?"
- There is no falling behind. What is meant for you, can’t miss you. If you skip an assignment one week (or even two!) trust that you can start again at any time.
- "What if I’m not on Facebook?"
- The program is delivered via Facebook right now, but it could evolve to another platform in the future. Any platform that we use will involve logging in to a site. You could consider creating an empty Facebook profile just for accessing the group if you’d like.
- "Can I use this membership as a treatment for my anxiety (or other) disorder?"
- No. Strategies to get your brain into an alpha wave state may help with the symptoms of anxiety, stress, insomnia, but anxiety disorders and all other health conditions should be monitored by a health professional who knows you personally. Though Dr. Theresa is a Naturopathic Doctor, she can't provide you with personalized health advice via a Facebook group. When you participate in the Phoenix Frequency Healing Membership you will have a coach/client relationship not a doctor/patient relationship.